5 Things I Miss About NYC
Next month will be three years since we packed up and left New York for Texas and although life in the Lonestar state has been awesome, I have to admit that there are some things I miss about life in The Big Apple.
In no particular order, here are my top 5:
- Public transportation – Having lived in NYC for more than 20 years, riding the bus and/or subway was the way I traveled at least 80% of the time. We had a car but mostly used it on weekends. In Texas, I drive everywhere I need to go and quite honestly, some days I wish I didn’t have to.
- My gals – Although I’ve formed friendships here with some great ladies, leaving my BFFs behind was no easy feat; I miss them terribly. Sure we speak to each other often but nothing takes the place of that quality time where we can laugh (or cry) while enjoying a great meal or cocktails and more importantly, each other’s company.
- Wafels & Dinges – hands down, these are the BEST waffles I’ve ever had! Just take my word for it and if you’re ever in NYC, look them up, find where their food trucks are and go get one!
- Subway artists – If you see a large crowd at a standstill in the subway and they’re not upset that the trains are delayed, you can bet that they’re watching a quality performance by some really talented people.
- Tourists – Nothing beats the look of seeing their faces light up (literally) the first time they visit Times Square.
Have you ever lived in or visited NYC? Comment below to share what you miss.